Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

Recipe of the Day - Spaghetti Squash March 2

Good evening lovelies, how are you? Wanted to give you recipe #2 for March!

Today, I have how to cook Spaghetti Squash. I had never tried it before and had never even heard of it! Now, it is my replacement for actual spaghetti noodles. So here it goes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spaghetti Squash




-- Select a nice oval squash from your local grocery store. Get that baby home and get to work!

-- Cut off the stem and the other end of the squash. Pitch it!

-- Cut that thing in half LENGTHWISE.

-- Open up the squash and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. 

-- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.  Place the squash halves on a heavy-bottomed roasting pan. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to each half. Rub the oil, salt and pepper on the inside and flip them over and rub on the outside skins as well.



--  Place the squash cut side down back on the roasting pan and cover with foil.

Place the roasting pan with the squash into the oven and cook until the rind is slightly soft or gives with a little pressure, about 35-40 minutes.  Notice how the insides look soft after they’re cooked?
-- Allow the squash to cool just enough so you can handle it.  Scrape the spaghetti squash out with a fork.  It will resemble stringy “noodles”.
This is exactly how I enjoy my squash!

(This recipe has been written with the help of Zagleft.com along with some pictures!)
--I cannot wait to try this way of cooking my squash, I think it will be so much more simple than what I have been doing! :D

Enjoy and love always, 

No comments:

Post a Comment